Friday 14 March 2014

Damage limitation already?

Months ago, two of the first team players asked if I'd join them to make up a triples team to enter the English Bowling Federation three rinks national competition for the Frank Holmes Trophy. Bit of an honour to be asked... if we win the first few matches we'll be in the final stages at Worthing and I'll have to buy a club blazer! So of course I said yes.

Now transpires the first match is at Sawtry on Wednesday 30th April at 6.30pm. My daughter's 40th birthday is also on Wednesday 30th April. The outdoor season hasn't even started and I'm into damage limitation!

Got babysitting covered. My other daughter can cover until I get back after the match. But if there are plans for a family meal that evening, to put it technically, I'm stuffed.

Looked up the EBF rules and they do allow a substitute. Here's the wording...
Rinks - The three players taking part in the first game shall constitute the rink and should normally play together throughout the competition including the national finals. One additional and the same player may, however, be used as a substitute at any time, provided that he/she has not already played in another rink and is eligible to play in that competition. He/she may play in any subsequent round for any of the three players.
But not exactly great that I may have to arrange a replacement for the very first match. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment