Friday 23 June 2017

Looking hopeful

Smiley face in crowd

Warm up matches against my brothers this evening at Scone Bowls Club, prequel to a Sunday battle for the Harry Roscow Trophy. We're playing eleven ends, three matches.

Toss coins for who plays first. Me and Andrew. Trial end number one, my bowls are right up to the jack. Not bad on the second trial end either. But the first two ends go to Andrew, I'm four down. Take the next four ends to go 9-4 in front. Never lose the lead, though a bit concerning when I drop four on the seventh end. First match 12-10 to me.

Andrew next plays Robert. Although they change rink, Robert takes a while to get his eye in. Ends 19-2 to Andrew.

Finally, it's me against Robert. I build a lead. Almost lose it by end nine, losing three out of four. Manage to hold on for an 11-6 win.

Promising result. Best ever Friday outcome. Usually lose by some margin to Andrew, struggling to get used to the green. Looking hopeful for the trophy! Here are the scorecards.

No comments:

Post a Comment